About housing services
People. Homes. Brighter Futures.
The Council currently owns and manages around 3,000 rented homes. These are spread across estates, towns and villages throughout East Renfrewshire. The properties are a mixture of houses, flats, bungalows and sheltered housing.
All matters relating to tenancies are handled through our office in Barrhead. Contact details for our Barrhead office are shown below. Tenancy matters include all aspects of the day-to-day management of our properties and the provision of services to tenants. Rent payments can be made in a range of locations as outlined at:
Housing Services deliver a range of housing services to residents of East Renfrewshire Council. These include:
- Renting homes to council tenants
- Providing factoring services to owner occupiers
- Providing homeless advice and temporary accommodation to homeless households
- Providing housing advice to resolve housing issues
- Registration of private landlords
- Provision of sheltered accommodation
- Housing support and accommodation for young people
- Working with developers and housing associations to build new homes
Your first point of contact should always be Customer First. The Customer Service Officer will assist you with your enquiry and provide you with information and advice wherever possible. If they are unable to deal with your enquiry they may put you through to an officer from Housing Services. Our officers spend much of their day out of the office and may be unavailable at the time of your call. In this case, your enquiry will be logged and we will always aim to respond within 3 working days or 24 hours in the case of an emergency.
When you contact us we can arrange
- A translation service if your first language is not English.
- Assistance with communication difficulties.
- An interview in private if you wish.
- An interview with an officer of the same sex.
We will treat you with consideration and respect the confidentiality of your situation, if you wish you can bring a friend, relative or adviser to any interviews or meetings.
Customers with guide dogs are welcome in all our offices
Contact details for Customer ServicesHousing Service
211 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire .
Tel: 0141 577 3001
Mon to Fri 8.00am - 6.00pm