Adult and social care performance information
This page is where you can find performance information on adult and social care in East Renfrewshire.
While the council area as a whole demonstrates good health, disparities exist between areas within East Renfrewshire and we are working to address the health inequalities that exist. We are committed to working with partner organisations to reduce these inequalities and ensure that levels of health are improved for all.
Across our Adult Services we have a range of programmes in place to transform our approach and re-design services. This includes a major change programme to reshape care at home, and we expect reductions in intensive support at home as re-ablement is further rolled-out. This targeting of resources to meet increasing demand at a time of pressure and budget constraints is proving challenging however our Talking Points - Personal Outcomes measures consistently record positive outcomes from our service users.
The performance information below is a summary of some of the indicators we use to see how well we are doing throughout the year.
How the public can get involved?
- A number of mechanisms are in place to support the public to shape adult and social care services such as our Public Partnership Forum, Older People's Reference Group, user groups, national and local surveys, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde's Patient Feedback Webpage.
- We have identified areas of good practice particularly in our work on Reshaping Care for Older People and Public Social Partnership. One of the successful models we wish to build on is 'Let's Take Time to Talk' which brings together local stakeholders to discuss a particular theme in a workshop setting.
|Previous performance 2014/15|
Latest performance 2015/16
How well are we doing?
|Percentage of people 65+ with intensive needs (plus 10 hours) receiving care at home||22%||N/A||Data not available for end-year|
|SDS (Direct payments) spend on adults 18+ as a % of total social work spend on adults 18+.||5.4%||N/A|
Data not available for end-year
|Percentage of adults satisfied with social care or social work services.||49%||N/A||Data not available for end-year|
What are we doing to improve performance?
We are at the midpoint or our ambitious programme to redesign care at home to make the long term service as efficient and flexible as possible, this includes:
- rolling our reablement service which leads to less people being dependent on Care at Home Services.
- the introduction of the monitoring system which will improve visit times, service delivered and continuity of care attending.
More detailed information on what we are working to achieve can be found in the following documents;
- East Renfrewshire Council's End Year Performance Report 2015-16 [1Mb]
- East Renfrewshire Single Outcome Agreement Update 2014-15 [1Mb]
- Outcome Delivery Plan 2016-2019 [2Mb]
Other internet pages that might be useful are;