Gain a qualification
Would you like to get back to college or university? Would you like to get into employment? Would a qualification help you achieve this?
The Adult Learning Service offers a range of learning opportunities for everyone. Whether you want to gain new skills or qualifications, get a new job, go to college or just build confidence with the skills you already have, you will be welcome to attend the courses we provide.
Qualifications we can offer
These are some of the qualifications we can offer you:
- SQA accredited courses in Communications.
- SQA accredited courses in Numeracy.
- SQA Health Issues in the Community.
SQA courses can cover: speaking, writing, reading, listening, numeracy and employability.
SQA in Health Issues in the Community includes exploring the range of factors that affect health and the health of communities. Congratulations to the HIC group photographed receiving their certificates.
Further accreditation options are possible with the Open College Network if you complete a Speakeasy course. A speakeasy course is designed for parents to be able to talk to their children about relationships and growing up.
Our groups meet in a relaxed atmosphere and the qualification procedure is adaptable to suit your needs so it is easy to manage.
"Adult learning has helped me a lot. The Speakeasy course was great. I loved that course. I was getting a qualification as well as having fun!" - Kimberley, Adult Learner
Who can attend?
Everyone from 16 years old and upwards is welcome to attend our Adult Learning courses.
Courses are designed around you, are fun and provided by experienced and qualified staff.
What will happen?
When you contact Adult Learning we will:
- Arrange to meet you to talk about what it is you want to do.
- Develop a learning plan for you by discussing how you feel about your learning and where you would like to be.
- Set up a learning session for you on a day, time and place that suits you.
- Meet with you at regular intervals to look at your progress and when you are ready to move on we can support you to identify the correct route for you.
Tel: 0800 052 0239 (Free phone) or 0141 577 3306
East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust also offer learning opportunities in their libraries:
You can find out more about qualifications in Scotland from the:
Skills Development Scotland have a dedicated site to helping people into work that also offers funding advice for courses: