Help with walking
Information about the community older peoples rehabilitation team.
Community older people's rehabilitation team
What is Available?
The Rehabilitation Teams are multi-disciplinary teams comprising of health and social work staff from East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP).
The Teams include district nurses, mental health nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, dieticians, social workers and rehabilitation assistants, who work together with residents to meet the needs of both the frail elderly and older adults mental health population.
Referrals can be made for a variety of reasons, for example:
- Crisis referrals to prevent admission to hospital.
- Short or long term rehabilitation plans to improve function and quality of life following illness or general decline in physical/ mental health.
- Support for early hospital discharge of patients with complex needs.
What we aim to do
- Prevent unnecessary admission to hospital by providing a pro-active approach to care management and supporting self management.
- East Renfrewshire's residents are supported in their rehabilitation and recovery in order to live independently.
- Individuals are enabled to find solutions personalised to their support needs and aspirations.
- Our residents are safe from neglect, abuse, violence and sexual exploitation.
- Our vulnerable residents are safe and feel safe in their homes.
- All residents, including those from vulnerable, disadvantaged and minority groups are encouraged and supported to be more active and be part of their community.
- To support, enable or rehabilitate residents to benefit from better levels of health and wellbeing.
- To support and empower our residents to be more physically active in their day to day lives, promoting physical and mental health and wellbeing, and supporting the right to make choices that enhance their lives.
Who can get help or who can get the service?
Anyone 65 years and over who is frail, becoming housebound, at risk of falling, or, is losing the ability to cope safely at home.
How does a person access the service?
Referrals are accepted from medical staff, GPs and other health professionals, social work staff, housing and other community services with the agreement of the older person.
Single Point of Access (SPOA)
Tel: 0141 451 0866