Health and wellbeing for adults and older people
The following pages will give you information about looking after your health and staying healthy.
We sometimes take our health for granted until we are not feeling so well.
Taking care of our own health is important to help us to stay well and reduce our chances of becoming overweight or developing long term illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, and some types of cancer. The good news is it is never too late to start looking after our own health and wellbeing by making healthier choices.
Top tips to look after your health and wellbeing
- Eat well
- Keep active
- Drink sensibly
- Quit the smoking habit
- Be cancer aware
- Have healthy and happy relationships
Build strong social and community links
- Keep in touch with friends and family
- Talk about your feelings
- Get involved
- Do things for yourself and others
Enjoy and take care of the environment
- Consider leaving the car at home and take the bus or walk
- Buy less packaged food and recycle at home
- Enjoy our green spaces including parks and footpaths
If for any reason you are worried about your own health or someone close to you and would like some further advice contact your GP or local health professional such as your Practice Nurse or Community Pharmacist.