Documentation required (for a blue badge)
Details of what documentation is necessary as evidence of your right to a blue badge.
Evidence you need to provide
In order to issue you with a blue badge we require the following:
- Proof if identity
- Proof of residency within East Renfrewshire
- Evidence that you don't require a mobility assessment (if applying under this category, visit the main page if you are unsure if this is you: Blue Badge scheme )
- Blue badge fee of £20
- Passport style photograph (this can be taken when you make your application in person at the Service Centres at Barrhead and Eastwood - you do net need to bring photographs with you)
Proof of identity can be one of the following
- Birth/adoption certificate
- Certification of British Nationality
- Civil partnership/dissolution certificate
- HM Forces ID Card
- Identity Card for Foreign Nationals
- Marriage/Divorce certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- Proof of address can be one of the following
Proof of address can be one of the following
- Award letter from Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
- Benefit Award letter from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Confirmation letter from Social Services
- Confirmation letter from school
- Consent to check Council tax database
- Consent to check school records
- Council tax bill dated within the last 12 months
- Housing benefit Award letter
- Pension letter
- Valid driving licence
Evidence that you don't require a mobility assessment includes the following
- Proof that you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- Proof that you receive the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment
This should be your award letter, if dated within the last 12 months. If your award letter is more than 12 months old, you must provide your most recent annual uprating letter.
If you have lost your award uprating letter, call or email the:Pension, Disability and Carers Service
Telephone 08457 123 456
Text phone 08457 22 44 33
7:30am - 6:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Proof of blindness (severely sight impaired)
This should be a Certification of Blindness or Defective Vision - certificate BP1 3R - or a Certificate of Vision Impairment (CVI) or a previous equivalent, signed by a Consultant Ophthalmologist and held by our Social Work Department.
- Proof that you receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
This should be an award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA). If you have lost your award letter you can call them on freephone 0800 169 2277.
- Proof that you have been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of Armed Forces and Reserved Forces (Compensation) Scheme and are certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes you to be able to walk or have very considerable difficulty in walking.
This should be an award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) confirming that you receive tariffs 1-8 under the Armed Forces and Reserved Forces (Compensation) Scheme which requires that you have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.