Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Council tax

Moving home

How to let us know if you are moving into, out of or within East Renfrewshire as well as any increase/decrease of adults at a property.

Please note that council tax records and the electoral register (voter information) are dealt with by two different bodies and any changes in your address need to be reported to both East Renfrewshire's Council Tax department and to Renfrewshire Valuation Joint Board (RVJB). You can contact RVJB on 0300 300 0150 or, for more information, visit: How do I register to vote?

Please note: some forms ask for a 'property reference number', but you only need to include it if you know it.

Moving within

You need to tell us if you are moving, or have moved, from one East Renfrewshire property to another within East Renfrewshire:

Council tax: Moving within form

Moving out

You need to tell us if:

  • You are moving, or have moved, out of East Renfrewshire to another area.
  • Any adult resident is moving out of the property (a decrease in the number of adults).

Council Tax: Moving out form

Moving in

You need to tell us if:

  • You are moving, or have moved, into East Renfrewshire from another area.
  • Any adult resident is moving into the property (an increase in the number of adults).

Council tax: Moving in form

Direct debate mandates

If you prefer paying your council tax by direct debit and your address changes, you must also complete a new direct debit mandate:

Submit the completed mandate part of the form to us and we will send it on to your bank or building society:

Council Tax
East Renfrewshire Council,
211 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire.
G78 1SY

Changes to a tenancy

The council also needs to be notified of any changes to a household as a result of individuals moving in or out of a property by the property owner, landlord or agents. For details please see:

If you have any queries at all, or are unable to submit the online forms, please contact us about council tax.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)