Applying for council tax reduction
If you are not sure if you qualify, make a claim. Download the form, print, complete and send the form along with the required documents to the Benefits team:
If you prefer, you can phone 0141 577 3002 and ask us to send you an application form.
- Proof of identity - for example, birth certificate, driving licence, passport etc
We need to see at least 2 of these documents for each person as evidence in support of your claim. Please provide proof of:
- National Insurance Number.
- Capital, savings and investments - this would be all of your bank, building society, post office books or 2 statements, certificates for premium bonds, National Savings Certificates, ISAs, stocks, shares and unit trusts.
- Earnings - for example copies of payslips, Self Employed Income form [86kb].
- Other income.
- Benefits, allowances or pensions.
- Other money paid out - letters about student grants, agreements or receipts from registered child carers.
- Private rent and tenancy.
What happens next?
We aim to process all council tax reduction claims within 4 weeks.
Once you have made a claim, we will calculate how much council tax reduction is due by looking at:
- How much money you have coming in.
- Any savings you may have.
- Your personal circumstances.
- The amount of Council Tax you have to pay.