Applying for council tax reduction
If you are not sure if you qualify, make a claim. Complete the below form and send in the original documents we ask for within 2 weeks. You can also take them to your local Council office where we will copy them.
You can also contact us on 0141 577 3002 and we can post one out to you.
- Proof of identity - for example, birth certificate, driving licence, passport etc
We need to see at least 2 of these documents for each person as evidence in support of your claim. Please provide proof of:
- National Insurance Number.
- Capital, savings and investments - this would be all of your bank, building society, post office books or 2 statements, certificates for premium bonds, National Savings Certificates, ISAs, stocks, shares and unit trusts.
- Earnings - for example copies of payslips, Self Employed Income form [86kb].
- Other income.
- Benefits, allowances or pensions.
- Other money paid out - letters about student grants, agreements or receipts from registered child carers.
- Private rent and tenancy.
What happens next?
We aim to process all council tax reduction claims within 4 weeks.
Once you have made a claim, we will calculate how much council tax reduction is due by looking at:
- How much money you have coming in.
- Any savings you may have.
- Your personal circumstances.
- The amount of Council Tax you have to pay.