Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. Our offices will be closed on Friday 22nd and Monday 26th September. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 9.00am - 4.45pm Monday to Friday. Live chat 

Council tax

Appealing your council tax reduction decision

After your application for council tax reduction has been processed and should you think it is wrong, you can ask us to look at the decision again. This must be done in writing to either East Renfrewshire office. We must get your letter within two months of the date on your original council tax reduction letter. Send your letter to:

Council HQ,
Eastwood Park,
East Renfrewshire.
G46 6UG


Council Offices,
211 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire.
G78 1SY

What if I am still not happy with the council decision?

After we have looked at your decision again and should you still think the decision is wrong, you can ask for an independent ruling from the Council Tax Reduction Review Panel who will conduct a further review. You must state the reasons why you think the decision is wrong. We must get your letter within two calendar months of the date of your council tax reduction decision letter.

To ask for a further review from the Council Tax Reduction Review Panel you or your representative should write to:

Council Tax Reduction Review Panel
4th Floor, 1 Atlantic Quay
45 Robertson Street 
Glasgow G2 8JB
Telephone: 0141 305 5840                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Email:


Further information, including application forms, are available on request (0141 305 5840) or via the website:

Feedback on this page

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)