Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Community Information

Dog fouling

Dog fouling is both unsightly and can be a health and safety risk to members of the public. It is an offence not to immediately remove the dog fouling from any public space. Excrement should be picked up and disposed of in a responsible manner by either depositing it in the nearest dog waste bin, litterbin or in your domestic waste bin at home.

Community Wardens issue fixed penalty notices and carry out regular patrols of areas which have been identified as having a dog fouling problems. Offenders may be liable to receive a Fixed Penalty of £80, rising to £100 if not paid within 28 days (these are the increased values as of 1 April 2016). Offenders can also be reported to the Procurator Fiscal and may be fined up to £500 if convicted. It is a criminal offence to fail/refuse to provide your name and address to an authorised officer. Failure to provide such details could result in a £500 fine on conviction.

To report dog fouling, please use the report form or call East Renfrewshire's confidential Ring and Report helpline on: 0800 013 0076.

News announcement dated 10 March 2016 about the increase in fines: Dog fouling fines to double.

It is an offence in terms of the Dog Fouling (Scotland) Act 2003 for a person in charge of a dog in any public place to fail to remove and dispose of any excrement after the dog has fouled without reasonable excuse. Complaints are investigated by the Council's Dog Warden and any complaints about the need for cleaning of a pavement because of dog fouling are passed to the cleansing Section.

Response time - 2 working days.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)