Celebrating Our 20th Year
We are celebrating our 20th year with the release of an interactive timeline highlighting some our key achievements.
Having been formed in 1996, we now employ 4467 staff serving 92,940 residents. East Renfrewshire has also been voted the best place to live in various polls across the last 20 years and we boast some of the best schools in Scotland.
Some highlights achieved by our hardworking staff over the last two decades include:
- Driving forward a £100million regeneration programme of Barrhead
- Helping residents block more than 250,000 cold calls
- Investing in Rouken Glen - now officially the UKs Best Park
- Achieving the highest Duke of Edinburgh participation level in Scotland (double the national average)
- Recently opening Eastwood Health & Care Centre - a £15million partnership venture
- Securing a £44million investment in East Renfrewshire as part of the £1.13billion Glasgow City Region City deal.
There is a lot for ERC to be proud of. Over the last 20 years we have delivered ambitious and innovative projects across education, health and social care, cleansing, prevention, communities and so much more. Our residents remain at the heart of everything we do, from providing the best possible care to our most vulnerable residents, committing to delivering 120 new affordable homes or building what is thought to be the world's first joint-faith school campus, we aim to be modern, progressive and efficient.
Lorraine McMillan - Chief Executive