Report a benefit fraud
If you think that someone has made a dishonest claim for housing benefit and/or council tax reduction please let the Department for Work and Pensions know.
East Renfrewshire Council is committed to providing the highest quality of service to all its residents and customers.
Typical examples of benefit fraud are:
- People who work but do not declare this when they claim benefit or a reduction.
- People who claim as a single person but actually live with a partner.
- People who claim from an address but do not live there.
- People who do not tell us the full amount of income, savings or capital when they claim benefit.
- People who for any reason do not have any right to claim housing benefit or council tax reduction.
The Department of Work and pensions (DWP) will investigate any reports of benefit fraud.
Any information you give will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Report instances involving benefit fraud to:Online
UK Government: Report benefit fraud
National Benefit Fraud Hotline: 0800 854 440
PO Box 224
Where else can I get more advice?
Please visit the UK government's Department for Work and Pensions site for more information on national UK benefits: