Children's performance information
This is where you can find a summary of performance information relating to children's learning and care.
Improving early years' experiences is key to enabling problems such as poverty, poor attainment and anti social behaviour to be addressed. We have a well integrated health and care service which works closely with our Education department to deliver excellent early years provision. Education is one of the most powerful tools for reducing poverty, promoting inclusion and building capacity within a community. East Renfrewshire Council is committed to ensuring all our children and young people have the skills for learning, life and work that they need to be successful. East Renfrewshire Council is renowned for having excellent learning facilities and regularly is the top performing authority in Scotland.
In East Renfrewshire, we have seven pre-5 facilities; twenty-two primary schools; seven secondary schools and one additional support needs school.
We monitor a range of measures to enable us to improve our performance in a number of areas, such as the proportion of children leaving school to a positive destination. Some examples are given below.
How the public can get involved?
- All establishments are committed to engaging parents in their children's learning and in the life of the school.
- All schools produce a handbook and have up-to-date websites, which provide a range of detail including, for instance, a section on how parents can become involved in the life of the school.
- East Renfrewshire Council Education Department uses pupil, parent and staff questionnaires to gather the views of its stakeholders.
|Previous performance 2014/15|
Latest performance 2015/16
How well are we doing?
|Attainment of all children at S6 (% of pupils gaining 5+ awards at level 6 (Higher A - C level) (pre-appeal)||58%||N/A||The latest available benchmarking information shows that East Renfrewshire pupils had the best results in the country. We will continue to work to raise the attainment of our lowest performing.|
|Proportion of pupils entering positive destinations.||96%||N/A||2014/15 is the best performance to date for school leavers entering into a positive destination. We are in the top two for our performance in the country.|
|Cost per secondary school pupil.||£6,421||N/A||Our costs have slightly increased but are still in line with other areas and we will continue to ensure we are being as efficient as possible whilst improving learner's experiences.|
|Percentage of child protection re-registrations within 12months of de-registration.||3.8%||8.3%||Performing well above target|
|Citizens' Panel - Secondary education - % of service users satisfied||98%||96%||maintaining our high levels of satisfaction.|
What are we doing to improve performance?
We will continue to challenge and support schools to improve performance further for all children and young people. Key activities include supporting the school improvement partnership (to raise attainment for key groups) and taking forward the Developing the Young Workforce Implementation Plan. There continues to be an ongoing commitment to quality assurance and moderation of assessment as staff deliver Curriculum for Excellence and the new national qualifications.
In East Renfrewshire, benchmarking data including the LGBF is used as a results-driven process to increase effectiveness and improve outcomes for learners. Best practice is also disseminated to improve outcomes for all children and young people. We will will continue to take a proactive approach to managing future budget reductions by maximising efficiency opportunities and taking action to minimise the impact of savings ultimately approved.
More detailed information on what we are working to achieve can be found in the following documents;
- East Renfrewshire Council's End Year Performance Report 2015-16 [1Mb]
- East Renfrewshire Single Outcome Agreement Update 2014-15 [1Mb]
- Outcome Delivery Plan 2016-2019 [2Mb]
- Inspection Report on Services for Children and Young People in East Renfrewshire [1Mb]
- Local Improvement Plan 2016-19 [752kb]
- Standards and Quality Report 2015-16 [1Mb]
- Getting it Right for East Renfrewshire's Children and Young People 2013/16 [3Mb]
Other internet pages that might be useful are;