Commercial land and property
The estates department provides professional property advice to council departments and committees. Acquisition and disposal of both operational and non-operational properties and land.
The latest available property is advertised on our Invest East Renfrewshire website:
Estates team responsibilities
The management of the council's non-housing property holding including industrial units, shops, offices and agricultural properties.
- Asset Valuations.
- Rating Appeals.
- Identification of surplus property to generate Capital Receipts.
- Purchase of land and buildings required by Directorates.
- Provision of a plan based property ownership system.
- Preparation of Plans for the purchase, lease or sale of property.
- An Advisory Service on property related issues.
As part of the Development and Promotion Service, estates primary role is in the management of the council's property portfolio including:
Non-operational property management
- Leases/rent reviews of industrial and commercial property
- Agricultural tenancies
- Preparation of property condition reports
Operational property management
- Capital revaluation of property assets
- Asset rents
- Advice on ownership
- Lease/rent reviews for operational purposes
- Rating - Valuation and appeals
- Identification of development opportunities to generate capital receipts
- Purchase or lease
- Plan based property register
- Council House Sales
- Wayleaves and Servitudes
- Council property file
- Surplus property records
- Rent roll