Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Adults and older people

Community Addiction Team

Help available for individuals or family experiencing difficulties or problems with alcohol and/or drug use.

What is available?

  • Support, advice and assistance with drugs &/or alcohol problems.
  • You will be offered an appointment to talk to us in confidence about the problems you are experiencing.
  • You will be offered a full assessment of your needs with a plan for your care & treatment with regular reviews.
  • There are a range of medical & counselling services offered covering abstinence through to controlled use.
  • Detox is available both at home or in a hospital setting if necessary.
  • Substitute prescribing for both alcohol & drug use.
  • Addictions mental health assessment.
  • Addictions physical health assessment.
  • Training and provision of naloxone to individuals and family members to assist with heroin/opiate overdose.
  • Referral to education, training and employment services.

Who can get help or who can get the service?

  • Individuals experiencing difficulties with their own use of drugs &/or alcohol.
  • Non drug &/or alcohol using family members can also be offered support and assistance.

How do I access the help/service?

  • You can refer yourself either by 'phone or drop in to talk to someone.
  • Your GP, social worker or other professionals can refer you.

(You will usually have an appointment within 14 days).

How much does it cost?

  • There is no direct charge to individuals for community based services.
  • There will be charges associated with residential services.

Can I get help with the cost?

A financial assessment will be carried out for any residential service required - you may be required to contribute.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)