Community Addiction Team
Help available for individuals or family experiencing difficulties or problems with alcohol and/or drug use.
What is available?
- Support, advice and assistance with drugs &/or alcohol problems.
- You will be offered an appointment to talk to us in confidence about the problems you are experiencing.
- You will be offered a full assessment of your needs with a plan for your care & treatment with regular reviews.
- There are a range of medical & counselling services offered covering abstinence through to controlled use.
- Detox is available both at home or in a hospital setting if necessary.
- Substitute prescribing for both alcohol & drug use.
- Addictions mental health assessment.
- Addictions physical health assessment.
- Training and provision of naloxone to individuals and family members to assist with heroin/opiate overdose.
- Referral to education, training and employment services.
Who can get help or who can get the service?
- Individuals experiencing difficulties with their own use of drugs &/or alcohol.
- Non drug &/or alcohol using family members can also be offered support and assistance.
How do I access the help/service?
- You can refer yourself either by 'phone or drop in to talk to someone.
- Your GP, social worker or other professionals can refer you.
(You will usually have an appointment within 14 days).
How much does it cost?
- There is no direct charge to individuals for community based services.
- There will be charges associated with residential services.
Can I get help with the cost?
A financial assessment will be carried out for any residential service required - you may be required to contribute.