Skip to content

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.

On-line Council Tax will be unavailable due to essential maintenance on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th of February. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Roads and Lighting

Disabled parking

Information on how to request a disabled parking space at your home address, how to apply for a blue badge and the Disabled Persons' Parking Bay Act 2009.

Requesting a parking bay outside your home

Our Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) are responsible for processing applications for a Disabled Persons' Parking Bay outside your home.

The HSCP Occupational Therapy team will assess your disability and a recommendation will be made  to reject or proceed with your application.  If recommended the application is then passed to the Roads Service who must consider if the road is safe for marking out a parking space.

We aim to complete the process within one month (two weeks for Occupational Therapy and two weeks for Roads).  It may  take  four weeks for the thermoplastic markings to be installed on the ground.

Full details can be found at:

Disabled persons' parking bays are designated and controlled by East Renfrewshire council, for more information on the regulations surrounding the bays, please visit:

Blue badges

Information on how to apply for a disabled parking badge can be found under our health and social care information:

Feedback on this page

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)