Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Roads and Lighting

Disabled Persons' Parking Bays Act

The East Renfrewshire council is updating the Traffic Regulation Orders for on-street and off-street Disabled Persons' Parking Bays.

The Disabled Persons' Parking Places (Scotland) Act 2009 requires Local Authorities in Scotland to designate and control the use of all disabled persons' parking spaces.

On 7 April 2015 the Council made:

These Traffic Regulation Orders can be viewed on this page and will become effective on 22 May 2015.  They designate spaces both on-street and in off-street car parks for the exclusive use of vehicles displaying in an appropriate manner a valid Blue Badge.  Any vehicle occupying a designated space and not displaying a valid Blue Badge, in accordance with the Blue Badge Scheme in Scotland, risks being issued with a Penalty Charge Notice (fine).

Any person wishing to question the validity of the Order or any of its provisions on the grounds that it is not within the powers of the relevant enabling Act or that a requirement of any such enabling Act or any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Order was made, make application for the purpose to the Court of Session.

Requesting a bay outside your home

Applications for a disabled persons' parking bay outside your home are handled by our Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP). Full details on how to apply can be found at:

Blue badge scheme

Information on how to apply for a disabled parking badge and the rules of use can be found under our health and social care information:


Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)