East Renfrewshire economic profile
East Renfrewshire is as one of the best areas to live in Scotland.
The area offers a friendly, healthy environment, high quality housing, skilled labour, an excellent education system and good transportation links. By encouraging investment and harnessing the skills of our local population we aim to create an economy that is competitive, dynamic, innovative, inclusive and sustainable.
The key economic drivers over the next few years will include:-
- the major Barrhead regeneration project
- emerging business improvement districts
- building a new superstore in Barrhead
- progressing the development at Greenlaw
- the major M77 corridor developments
- promoting and enhancing our outdoors assets such as Dams to Darnley Country Park, Whitelee Wind Farm and Rouken Glen Park.
Key to all of these developments will be the creation of jobs, business and leisure opportunities, all of which will contribute towards making East Renfrewshire an even better place to live, work or visit.
The positioning of East Renfrewshire as a high quality green corridor leading to the city will be built upon and our developing unique retail offer including Whole Foods Market, Waitrose, Giffnock, Clarkston and Newton Mearns will be promoted to residents and day visitors alike.
For local economic intelligence go to the Economy report and read the monthly report produced by the economic development team.