Find an employee
Support for employers through Work EastRen employability service.
Work EastRen is the council's employability service. We aim to provide full employment and opportunity for all East Renfrewshire residents who are able to and want to secure meaningful work.
Having a workforce that is skilled, trained and motivated can benefit your business.
We can benefit your business by working with you to identify your specific needs. Please get in touch to discuss how we can help you:Work EastRen - Employability Service
Tel: 0141 577 8438
If you are looking for a job, we can also help, more information for jobseekers at:
What we can offer your business
Information and advice on recruitment incentives
- Expert advice from partner organisations.
- Customise training for your companies needs.
- Help with redundancies.
- Help if your business needs advice and support.
- Provide a vacancy and aftercare service for your business and staff.
- Work experience and placement opportunities.
Vacancy and aftercare service
We can provide you with a vacancy and aftercare service to assist you with your recruitment needs:
- A dedicated point of contact.
- Job matching to identify suitable applicants.
- Vacancy management.
- Co-ordinate applications.
- Identify and source suitable interview venues.
- Facilitate recruitment events.
- Facilitate your interview process.
- Pre-recruitment training.
- Regular contact to provide support.
- Placement within your business, at an agreed frequency each week, at no cost.
- No long term commitment on the part of your business - you can cancel the work placement at any time.
- Provides valuable work experience to individuals who are looking to improve their chances of finding permanent employment.
- If you are considering taking someone on permanently but want to see how they fit in, if eligible you can take them on through work experience, sometimes for up to 8 weeks.
- You don't need to pay the individual a wage during the work experience period - they will continue to receive their benefits.
- Gives both you and the individual the chance to see if you are both suited to each other.
Access to funding and support
- We can help you to access any funding your business may be entitled to.
- We can help identify what support may be available for your business and assist you with completing the relevant paperwork required.
- We can help identify possible support for training your employees.
General business advice and support
We can help provide general advice and support for your business through our Business Liaison Team.
For details on investment opportunities in East Renfrewshire please visit: