Skip to content

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.

On-line Council Tax will be unavailable due to essential maintenance on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th of February. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Council performance, statistics and spending

How we spend your money

Details showing how the council manage and monitor the financial resources of the council.

Financial management

Accountancy services, part of the Chief Executive's Office, is responsible for managing and monitoring the financial resources of the council.

It is this service's responsibility to produce the Council's annual accounts, copies of which are available to download in the related documents area of this page. Through the production of the budgetary control reports, the service monitors levels of expenditure and identifies variances. The service also manages the Council's treasury activity to ensure that borrowing is controlled. With input from staff in other departments, accountancy staff maintain the Council's efficiency register.

In 2016/17 Accountancy services will manage approximately £222.01 million net revenue expenditure and provide financial advice to both elected members and departments. Government grants pays for £176.52m (79.5%) of the total expenditure and Council Tax meets the remaining costs of £45.49m (20.5%).

Through sound financial management and longer term planning, investment in front-line services will be maximised. Some 2016/17 investments include:

  • Ongoing construction of the new Barrhead High School
  • Opening of the new Cartvale Family Centre
  • Opening of the new Eastwood Health and Care Centre
  • Start of £44m City Deal local infrastructure investments
  • Completion of £2m improvements to Rouken Glen Park
  • Continued funding to support initiatives to raise attainment of lowest performing 20% of children and young people
  • Additional resources for frontline social care services for older people
  • Continued investment in roads, including contingency funds for unexpectedly severe weather

 Financial documents


Feedback on this page

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say





(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)