How we spend your money
Details showing how the council manage and monitor the financial resources of the council.
Accountancy services, part of the Chief Executive's Office, is responsible for managing and monitoring the financial resources of the council.
It is this service's responsibility to produce the Council's annual accounts, copies of which are available to download in the related documents area of this page. Through the production of the budgetary control reports, the service monitors levels of expenditure and identifies variances. The service also manages the Council's treasury activity to ensure that borrowing is controlled. With input from staff in other departments, accountancy staff maintain the Council's efficiency register.
In 2016/17 Accountancy services will manage approximately £222.01 million net revenue expenditure and provide financial advice to both elected members and departments. Government grants pays for £176.52m (79.5%) of the total expenditure and Council Tax meets the remaining costs of £45.49m (20.5%).
Through sound financial management and longer term planning, investment in front-line services will be maximised. Some 2016/17 investments include:
- Ongoing construction of the new Barrhead High School
- Opening of the new Cartvale Family Centre
- Opening of the new Eastwood Health and Care Centre
- Start of £44m City Deal local infrastructure investments
- Completion of £2m improvements to Rouken Glen Park
- Continued funding to support initiatives to raise attainment of lowest performing 20% of children and young people
- Additional resources for frontline social care services for older people
- Continued investment in roads, including contingency funds for unexpectedly severe weather
- Annual Accounts 2015/16 [4Mb]
- Financial Planning 2017 - 2022 [342kb]
- Annual Accounts 2014/15 [1Mb]
- Annual Accounts 2013/14 [1Mb]
- Annual Accounts 2012/13 [1Mb]
- Annual Accounts 2011/12 [2Mb]
- Council Tax Leaflet 2017/18 [145kb]
- Senior Officers Salary and Pension Breakdowns [27kb]
- Janet Hamilton 2016 Trust Account [119kb]
- John Pattison 2016 Trust Account [119kb]
- Newton Mearns Benevolent 2016 Trust Account [119kb]
- Talented Children and Young People 2016 Trust Account [119kb]
- Netherlee School 2016 Trust Account [120kb]
- Hugh & Janet Martin 2016 Trust Account [119kb]
- Duff Memorial 2016 Trust Account [119kb]