Health and Social Care Integration
Information on the coming organisational changes to our health and social care services.
In East Renfrewshire we have been leading the way in integrating health and care services. Our successful Community Health and Care Partnership (CHCP), between East Renfrewshire Council and NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, was established in 2006. Over the last nine years the CHCP integrated health and social care management and services and developed strong relationships with many different partner organisations.
From the outset of the CHCP we have focused on improving outcomes for the people of East Renfrewshire, improving health and wellbeing and reducing inequalities. Our new Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP), under the direction of East Renfrewshire's Integration Joint Board, is able to build on this successful foundation.
The greatest influence on our Strategic Planning has been the Christie Commission report on the Future Delivery of Public Services. This report set out four objectives which must shape a programme of reform;
- Public services are built around people and communities, their needs, aspirations, capabilities and skills and work to build up their autonomy and resilience;
- Public service organisations work together effectively to achieve outcomes;
- Public service organisations prioritise prevention, reduce inequalities and promoting equality; and
- All public services constantly seek to improve performance and reduce costs and are open, transparent and accountable.
Our commitment to outcomes and public service reform is reflected in our vision and partnership statement.
Our partnership vision statement is "Working together with the people of East Renfrewshire to improve lives."
We will achieve this by:
- Valuing what matters to people.
- Building capacity with individuals and communities.
- Focusing on outcomes, not services.
These 'integration touch points' will be used to guide everything we do as a partnership.
Our Partnership Commitment - Working Together
Through our Strategic Plan we make a commitment to working together:
- With individuals as partners in planning their own care and support.
- With carers and families as partners in the support they provide to the people they care for. We will ensure the supports carers and families can sometimes require themselves are recognised.
- With communities as partners in shaping the care and supports available and in providing opportunities for people to get involved in their communities.
- With organisations across sectors, including our Community Planning partners and the Third Sector. We will work in partnership to co-commission, forecast, prioritise and take action together.
- With our staff as partners in developing and delivering our vision, valuing their knowledge, skills and commitment to health and social care.
This web page will be updated over the course of the year with documents, leaflets and links with all the information on our shared journey to improving health and wellbeing in East Renfrewshire. We want to hear from as many people as possible on how we can do this encourage everyone to be involved as part of our on-going conversation.
To find out more and get involved, contact us at HSCIntegration@eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk
Integrated Joint Board (IJB) Papers
Strategic Planning Conversation Document [3Mb]
HSCP Strategic Plan Sep 2015 [1Mb]
Digital Communications - Citizen Space [1Mb]
Talking Points [413kb]
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment [5Mb]
Localities Data Presentation [717kb]
SPG Membership [46kb]
Appendix: Talking Points [413kb]
EQIA Strategic Plan 2015 [365kb]