Parking and loading restrictions review
East Renfrewshire council is currently assessing parking and loading restrictions in the council area.
All parking and loading restrictions, on-street and in council operated car parks are controlled by Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO's). These restrictions are statutory and include road markings such as yellow lines and time-plates as shown in the Highway Code. We are carrying out a review of all the parking and loading restrictions currently in force throughout East Renfrewshire.
Our aim is to:
- Keep pedestrian crossings and bus stops free of parked vehicles for town centre visitors to walk safely or use public transport.
- Make sure parking spaces are used by several different vehicles throughout the day.
- Encourage drivers wishing to park for long periods to park on the periphery of the town centre; leaving the central area free for short stay parking.
- Keep the traffic on the main roads free flowing particularly at peak times.
- Discourage drivers from parking indiscriminately and unsafely.
- Simplify the parking and loading restrictions.
The assessment of the parking and loading restrictions throughout East Renfrewshire will take place in the following areas:
- Clarkston & Busby
- Newton Mearns
New waiting and loading (parking) restrictions are now enforceable in Clarkston & Busby; you may view them here.
East Renfrewshire Council has made new traffic regulations and waiting and loading (parking) restrictions in Giffnock; you may view them on this page.
East Renfrewshire Council has made new waiting and loading (parking) restrictions in Barrhead; you may view them on this page.
East Renfrewshire Council has approved new waiting and loading (parking) restrictions in the Thornliebank and West Giffnock area.
East Renfrewshire Council has approved new waiting and loading (parking) restrictions in the Netherlee and Stamperland area.