Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Housing services

Private Sector Leasing scheme

Private Sector Leasing is a way for a local authority to lease properties from the private rented sector. Properties leased in this way are used to provide temporary accommodation to homeless applicants.

The council's Private Sector Leasing Scheme has been introduced to lease accommodation from registered private sector landlords within the East Renfrewshire area.  Properties leased under the scheme are used as temporary accommodation for homeless people.  East Renfrewshire Council will sub-let these properties to homeless applicants through an Occupancy Agreement.

If you are a registered landlord and you are interested in participating in the scheme, the council would like to talk to you.

The scheme has many benefits for registered private landlords:

  • Guaranteed rental income
  • Long lease - potentially three years
  • Free tenancy management
  • No letting agent fees
  • No advertising costs
  • Property returned in original condition
  • No need to interview prospective tenants
  • No loss of rent due to empty periods
  • No legal fees
  • No hidden costs
  • No hassle
Craigheads Barrhead

Landlords interested in participating in the scheme should read the Application Pack then complete and return an Application Form for each property.  You can download the application pack and guidance notes here:

The application pack consists of two parts:

Returning an Application Form will not constitute a binding offer or agreement. Either party will be able to withdraw from the process at any stage prior to a formal lease agreement being signed.

If you have any questions or would like further information regarding the Private Sector Leasing scheme, or if you are a landlord and would like to take part in the scheme, please contact the council's Temp Accommodation Manager by e-mailing: or by phoning 0141 577 3528.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)