Road closures and road works
View details of road closures and road works across East Renfrewshire and sign up to receive news and alerts.
Current road works and resurfacing works in East Renfrewshire - Updated Thursday 16 February 2017
- Resurfacing works will begin on Ayr Road (both directions) from Monday 30 January for 5 weeks. The works will be carried out between junctions with Elmwood Avenue and the entrance to Whitecraigs Rail Station car park. Traffic management will be in place to ensure as little disruption as possible. Further details including a map can be found in the Ayr Rd Notice of Order [480kb].
- Resurfacing works will take place on a section of Fenwick Road, Giffnock from Monday 13 March until Friday 26 March. The works will be carried out between Eastwood Toll and the junction with Otterburn Drive. Diversions will be in place during the duration of the works and the Fenwick Road Notice [595kb] provides a map showing the diversions.
- Glen Street in Barrhead is to be closed up to 7 months from 6 March to the start of October to facilitate the replacement of the bridge over the Levern Water. Both vehicular and pedestrian access will be affected with alternative routes signed for each. Vehicular access to properties within Glen Street, including emergency vehicles, will only be available from Carlibar Road. Further details can be seen in the Glen Street Notice [512kb].
- Lochlibo Road in Neilston and Uplawmoor is to be closed in two phases between 13 March and 28 April. The first phase will close Lochlibo Road, Neilston from Holehouse Brae to Shilford Mill Road from Monday 13 March to Friday 31 March. The second phase will close Lochlibo Road, Uplawmoor from Shilford Road to Neilston Road, Uplawmoor from Saturday 1 April to Friday 28 April. Over the course of both phases of the works a temporary 40 mph speed limit will be in operation on Uplawmoor Road between Neilston and Uplawmoor. Additionally, Shilford Road and Shilford Mill Road will temporarily operate as one-way roads to facilitate their uses for the diversion routes. Details with dates and plans of the works can be found in the Lochlibo Road, Neilston-Uplawmoor [567kb].
- Kirktonfield Road in Neilston is to be closed from the junction with Neilston Road to Hartfield Crescent in order to replace a worn speed cushion. The works and road closure are programmed to take place Wednesday 22nd, Thursday 23rd, and Tuesday 28th February between 9:30am & 1:00pm each day. The diversion route will include Springfield Road and Springhill Road into Barrhead with full details available in the Kirktonfield Road Notice [674kb].
All our information on road closures is publicised on the national website Tell me Scotland. This website enables public notices across Scotland to be published in a single location. There's a facility to print the notification and you can download full details of the notification in PDF format.
Can I receive email or text alerts when there is a road closure that will affect me?
Yes. Firstly, you'll need to register with Tell me Scotland: Registration. The registration process is straight forward and takes less than 1 minute to complete. You're required to enter your name, email address, address information and a password.
After you sign up you'll be sent an email to activate your account. Once you've activated your account you can then choose to receive alerts. The website enables you to enter a postcode and you'll have the option of choosing to receive alerts up to a 15 mile radius of your chosen postcode.
Furthermore, you can choose to have the alerts delivered by email, or if you prefer, by text message.
In addition, you have the added option of receiving information on Planning Applications as this national portal also hosts details of the planning applications in East Renfrewshire.
Do you have an App that I can download?
Yes, you're able to keep up with notices whilst on the go.
Can I view an archive of road closures?
Yes, an archive of Tell me Scotland: Road closure archive is available; the notices date back to 2012.
Contact detailsCustomer First
Tel:0141 577 3001
Mon to Fri: 8am - 6pm