Use our social media channels to interact with us in a safe and appropriate manner.
These house rules apply to social media accounts operated by East Renfrewshire Council, on social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and Instagram.
The rules let you interact with us in an appropriate and safe way. If you don't accept the rules, please do not use our social media accounts. Otherwise we may delete your comments or block you.
Rules to follow:
- Only post information you are happy for everyone to see
- Keep comments or messages on-topic
- Only comment or message us with your own opinions
- Post personal or confidential information
- Use offensive, indecent or obscene language that could be discriminatory or promotes discrimination of any kind, or that may be considered as bullying or harassment
- Incite, condone or encourage conduct which could result in a criminal offence, civil liability, or otherwise breach any laws or regulations including any laws regarding competition
- Post anything that could be considered defamatory or embarrassing, or damaging to an individual, company or entity's reputation
- Use any ERC social media pages to advertise personal business or products.
Management of our social media accounts
Our accounts are managed by ERC employees only. We have the right to remove posts which don't comply with our house rules.
Our materials and intellectual property
Our names, images, brands and other materials contained on our social media accounts are protected by intellectual property rights. You must not use these materials for any reason without our express consent.
Views and opinions
Social media platforms are independent third party websites and are not associated with us or ERC and we cannot control what they do.
Except for our own comments and messages, the views and opinions expressed on our social media accounts are the views and opinions of the person posting the information, and are not those of ERC. While we try to ensure that the information on our site is current, we cannot guarantee that the information provided on our social media accounts will be complete, accurate or up-to-date.
Where there are links to third party websites or resources, whether posted by us or a third party, you access these at your sole discretion and at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable for any damage caused by third party websites or resources.
We reserve the right to amend these House Rules at any time without prior notice. We will notify you on our social media account when there has been a change to these House Rules. You should make sure you are complying with the current House Rules.
We reserve the right to close our social media accounts at any time, without prior written notice.
Please do not issue any formal complaints to us through our social media accounts. These should be submitted via our complaints section.