Skip to content

Our Customer Service opening hours are 8.45am - 4.45pm, Monday to Friday. The Payment Centre hours are 9am - 4.15pm, with only credit/debit card payments (not cash) between 1pm and 2pm. 

Live chat: If you cannot find what you're looking for, or need help completing an online form, our Customer Service Officers are available on live chat between 8.45am- 4.45pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Live chat 

Planning and Building Standards

What needs planning permission?

What does and doesn't need planning permission, other consent needed before applying and confirmation requests (Certificates of Lawfulness).

You may need planning permission from the council If you are carrying out any 'development', including:

  • Erecting a new building
  • Extending your property
  • Building a conservatory
  • Putting a dormer window into your roof
  • Putting up a garage or shed
  • Changing the use of your property
  • Carrying out engineering or mining operations

What needs planning permission?

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)