Learning, life and work performance
Our aim is that "East Renfrewshire residents are fit and active and have the skills for learning, life and work." (SOA Outcome 2)
Our vision for education is inclusion, achievement, ambition and progress for all. We think that increasing all learner's opportunity to achieve is fundamental to their future success when they leave school.
The Council offers a range of awards based community and school programmes to help increase our young people's chances of finding work. School leavers are also supported through the youth work programme. Our Worker service helps residents find employment, and provides training and education opportunities. The Council is also investing more in its Graduate Internship Programme, which so far has seen all previous interns move on to employment or further training.
We know there are pockets of deprivation and ill health in specific communities within East Renfrewshire. For example, there are lower life chances in areas of Barrhead compared to East Renfrewshire as a whole. We are focused on tackling these inequalities by:
- Encouraging healthier lifestyles;
- Promoting events to encourage residents to be active and;
- Providing high standards of health and leisure facilities and access to natural environments, for example Dams to Darnley Country Park and Whitelee Wind Farm.
The infographics below demonstrate how we're performing against SOA Outcome 2.
More detailed information on what we are working to achieve can be found in the following documents;
- East Renfrewshire Council's End Year Performance Performance Report 2015-16 [1Mb]
- East Renfrewshire Single Outcome Agreement Update 2014-2015 [1Mb]
Other internet pages that might be useful are;