Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).


Second hand goods

Anyone wishing to sell second-hand goods, will require to obtain a second-hand dealer's licence from the council.

However, pawnbrokers, wholesale dealers purchasing exclusively from licensed second-hand dealers, or charitable businesses for the purpose of the Income Tax Acts, do not require to be licensed.

Neither are licences required if the business of dealing in second-hand articles is incidental to another business, not being that of a dealer in such articles, or if the business is either the financing of the acquisition of goods by means of hire-purchase agreements, conditional sale agreements, or financing the use of goods by means of hiring agreements.

Please note that we also provide a licence for a:

Customer Services
East Renfrewshire Council
Council Headquarters
Eastwood Park
Rouken Glen Road
G46 6UG
Telephone: 0141 577 3001

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)