Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Adults and older people

Help with hearing problems

Find more Information and assistance if you are deaf or hard of hearing.

What is available?

There is a range of equipment available to people who have a hearing loss e.g. flashing light doorbells, deaf friendly smoke alarms or listening device aids for the television and telephone which help maximise daily independent living skills. Advice and information is also available on communication support services, benefit entitlement and local and national organisations for deaf & hard of hearing people which support you, your family and friends. We can also help you find counselling support if requested.

Who can get help or who can get the service?

People of all ages living in East Renfrewshire who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing can request an assessment which may identify the need for support.

How does a person request an assessment?

You can contact the Hearing Impairment Officer at any time during office hours. The Hearing Impairment Officer will discuss your needs with you and arrange to visit you in your home to identify a package of supporting equipment which will help you remain independent within your own home.

Single Point of Access (SPOA)
Tel: 0141 451 0866

Where we have assessed you as requiring support we will either provide equipment to you on loan free of charge or advise you where to buy it. Financial aid may also be available from external organisations such as charities.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)