Skip to content

Due to essential maintenance, online payments and forms won't be available on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January. 

For essential housing repairs, homelessness enquiries or Ring and Report call 07968 222 507 or 07790 598970. If you need to speak to a social worker call 0300 343 1505.

For an emergency registration, contact 07798 875 297 or drop into Giffnock or Barrhead police station.

Service will be restored on Monday 27 January. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Support for carers

Support for carers

Find out about support for carers.

Carer's Assessment

Carers who intend to or provide a substantial amount of care on a regular basis are entitled to an assessment of their ability to provide or to continue to provide care. 

The assessment is your chance to talk to the social work department about your situation as a carer. This'll include exploring your own personal strengths, interests, the natural supports around you and the wider community, as well as breaks from care. The assessment can also look at signposting you to other sources of support.

To request an assessment please call East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) on 0141 800 7850.

Alternatively, East Renfrewshire Carers' Centre can make a referral on your behalf. The Carers' Centre can provide advice and support in the following areas:

  • Benefits
  • Allowances
  • Income maximisation
  • Short breaks (respite)
  • Paid care support
  • Emergency planning
  • Discharges from hospital
  • Training
  • Bereavement support

You can also ask your doctor, health visitor or district nurse to contact HSCP for you.


East Renfrewshire Carers' Centre

Barrhead Resource Centre

8 Carlibar Road


G78 1AA

Phone: 0141 370 1100

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)