Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

News and announcements

Celebrating local heroes

Nominate a voluntary group have made exceptional contributions to their community.

The Queens Award for Voluntary Service

Nominations are being sought for the Queen's Awards for Voluntary Service for 2018.

 The Lord-Lieutenant of Renfrewshire, Guy Clark, is calling for local people to put forward voluntary groups who deserve recognition for their outstanding work in their community.

The Award was introduced by the Queen in 2002 in celebration of her Golden Jubilee and ranks with the MBE for volunteer groups.

It recognises exceptional contributions made by voluntary groups who give up their time for their local communities.

I know there must be many more local organisations that would be worthy winners of this very special award. Voluntary groups make such a difference in their communities and make such a massive contribution to people's lives. They do it selflessly and they deserve some public recognition. If you know of any deserving groups in East Renfrewshire, please get your nomination in by Friday 15 September 2017.
Lord-Lieutenant of Renfrewshire - Guy Clark

Fairweather Multicultural Friendship Group, Old Paisley Society Sma' Shot Cottages and St Columba's School Duke of Edinburgh Scheme Volunteers are amongst the worthy winners of the 2017 awards. They will be presented with their award later this year.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Lord-Lieutenant, there are groups across the area carrying out sterling work that really do deserve a pat on the back. None of them do it for the public recognition but this is our chance to say a much-needed thank you for all their hard work. Please show them our appreciation by ensuring you nominate them for this prestigious Queen's Award.
Provost Jim Fletcher 

Full details and nomination forms are available at the Queen's Award for Voluntary website

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)