Skip to content

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays)


Environmental Health

Surface water contamination

Find out how to report contamination from sewage, spills and algae.

Surface water includes:

  • lochs
  • rivers
  • streams
  • ponds

Blocked drains, sewers, spills and algae can contaminate this water.

Report contamination

Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) are mainly responsible for contamination.

Phone: 0800 80 70 60

Report sewage

Scottish Water are mainly responsible for sewage and blocked drains.

Phone: 0800 7310840


We check open water for contamination by blue and green algal bloom.

Phone: 0141 577 3782


Phone: 0141 577 3782


Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)