Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Your rights

You have certain rights over your personal data. Some of these rights are only available in certain circumstances. This usually depends on the legal reason we hold your information.

You have the right to:

  • Be told how we use your information. This notice gives you the information to meet this right
  • Get personal information we hold about you through a Subject Access Request

You have the right to request the information we hold about you verbally or in writing. To assist us in managing this process please complete the form below.

word icon Download Subject Access Request form [40kb]

You can email the form to or write to us at:

Council's Records Manager
East Renfrewshire Council
Legal Services
Council HQ
Eastwood Park
G46 6UG

  • Ask that we correct any personal data held we hold that's inaccurate. We try to make sure our records are accurate at all times. But if you believe we hold information that is wrong, you can ask us to change it
  • Object to us processing your personal data to perform a task in the public interest or exercise of public authority. We'll then need to show why we need to continue to use your data
  • Ask that we stop processing your personal data for any council service. This may cause delays or stop us delivering a service to you. In this case, we'll agree to your request where possible. But we may need to hold or process your information by law. If you give consent for us to process your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. You can also ask us to erase your personal data

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)