Skip to content

For the latest service updates relating to coronavirus visit our coronavirus information web page.

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

School admissions

Applying to a secondary school

P7 to S1 transitions programme

If your child goes to an East Renfrewshire school you'll receive a transfer form with details of the process.

You need to provide evidence you live continue to live in the catchment area to your child's current primary school.

You need to do this by the date on the transfer form.

Non-catchment school

You can apply for your child to go to another school other than the catchment school.

You need to make a placing request for this.

You need to do this by 31 January.

Applying to other stages or throughout the school year

You need to apply direct to the secondary school.

You'll submit your application and bring evidence of your address and circumstances to the school.

If a place is available the school will agree a date for you to start.

If there isn't a place available, we'll discuss options to redirect your child until a place becomes available.

If you apply during a school holiday you should contact the education department direct.

Applying before you move into the catchment

You can't apply to the catchment school more than 4 weeks before you move into the catchment area.

You must provide evidence of your future move in date.

We'll only hold a place when you provide this evidence. We'll hold this for up to 4 weeks.

If you don't provide this evidence within 4 weeks, we'll no longer hold a place. You'll then need to reapply.

When you do move into the catchment address we'll ask for further proof this has happened.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)