Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Council performance, statistics and spending

Audits, inspections and awards

The council has a range of methods for assessing the quality of our services. In addition to internal assessment processes there are also a group of 'watchdog' type organisations that inspect and regulate our services, identifying good practice, suggesting areas where we can improve and presenting awards where good practice is evident.

The main scrutiny organisations and the most recent reports about East Renfrewshire services are covered in this section of website.

  • Audit Scotland logo: Audit Scotland logo

    Audit Scotland and Accounts Commission

    Statutory bodies who assist local authorities in making the most efficient and effective use of finances and resources. They are responsible for conducting the council's audit of best value and community planning and for monitoring the data within the annual Statutory Performance Indicators return.

  • Education Scotland

    Education Scotland has a key role to play in Scottish education, supporting innovation and dynamism throughout the education system, providing challenge and making a major contribution to raising standards overall.

  • Care Inspectorate Scotland: Care Inspectorate Scotland logo

    Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland

    SCSWIS' purpose is to provide assurance and protection for people who use care, social work and children's services.

  • The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR)

    SHR is a Scottish Government executive agency. It regulates registered social landlords and the landlord and homelessness services of local authorities.

  • Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)

    HIS aim to improve the quality of health care in Scotland by setting and monitoring standards for NHS Scotland and its partners.

  • Awards

    Awards and national schemes that recognise the best achievements of our council services.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)