Child Protection Committee
Information about East Renfrewshire Child Protection Committee.
Our Child Protection Committee (CPC) supports practitioners across all services who form East Renfrewshire Child Protection Committee (ERCPC) by providing the most relevant and current national information on improving practice in child protection.
As well as regularly sending practice updates to agency representatives, you can contact the Lead Child Protection Officer for copies of the most up to date local and national practice documents.
Contact the Child Protection Committee.
The 'getting it right for every child' approach helps practitioners focus on what makes a positive difference for children and young people, and how they can act to deliver these improvements.
This approach is being added to all existing policy, practice, strategy and legislation affecting children, young people and their families.
Getting it right for every child means children, young people and their families:
- will feel confident about the help they're getting
- understand what's happening and why
- have been listened to carefully and their wishes have been heard and understood
- are appropriately involved in discussions and decisions that affect them
- can rely on appropriate help being available as soon as possible
- will have experienced a more streamlined and co-ordinated response from practitioners
Getting it right for every child means practitioners:
- put the child or young person at the centre and develop a shared understanding within and across agencies
- use common tools, language and processes, considering the child or young person as a whole, and promoting closer working where necessary with other practitioners