Dog problems

Report dog fouling, excessive barking and stray dogs.

What you can report

  • Dog fouling
  • Stray dogs
  • Excessive barking

Report online

Ring and Report line

You can also phone 0800 013 0076.

The line is open 7 days a week from 7.30am to midnight.

What we can do

Dog fouling

We patrol areas with dog fouling problems.

We can give a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) of up to £80 if you don't remove dog waste.


We'll scan the dog for a microchip and try to find its owner.

If we can't find the owner we'll take it to the SPCA in Cardonald.

You're responsible for any costs.

Excessive barking

We'll investigate barking complaints you can't resolve with the owner.

If the barking complaint isn't resolved you can take civil action. You need to write to:

Paisley JP Court
Mill Street

You can ask us for a sample letter.



Phone: 0800 013 0076

Last modified on 18 June 2020

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon