Find out the benefits of joining Family Firm.
About Family Firm
Family Firm is about getting the best from the range of opportunities available locally to support improved learning, training and employment for looked after young people and care leavers.
By joining Family Firm, local businesses and teams have an opportunity to really make a difference to the life of a young person by:
- building confidence
- growing their skills
- helping them get on the first rung of the career ladder
Could you offer work experience?
This would involve committing to a short or long term placement with a young person.
We're also looking for work shadowing or taster days to allow young people to explore different areas.
What does it involve?
Our Family Firm Coordinator works with departments, businesses and the young people to create opportunities and provide support to everyone involved.
Pre-employability support is completed by the young person before starting the placement to help them be work ready.
A a mentor is appointed to work closely with the young person, with dedicated support offered throughout by the Family Firm Coordinator.
A range of opportunities are given including taster days, work experience, training, pre-employment support, access to full time and part time employment, as well as traineeships and modern apprenticeships and support moving into education.
What's the benefits?
- Opportunity to really make a difference to the life of a young person
- Build a young person's confidence, grow their skills and help them get on the first rung of the career ladde
- Motivate and develop existing staff by offering mentor roles
- A young person can bring fresh energy, enthusiasm and ideas to a team
- The opportunity is free
How to get involved
Phone: 07393 003 851