Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Community Information

Public Transport

Although the council does not run any bus or train services, we have a big role to play in improving infrastructure and encouraging residents to use public transport.

East Renfrewshire Council is a member of Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) who have a key role in planning and delivery of better public transport services.

Public transport is an affordable, convenient and reliable means of getting around, both locally and further a field.

Concessionary travel is available with a National Entitlement Card:

Bus Services

Bus Services in East Renfrewshire are operated by a variety of public transport operators.

The council has responsibility for providing and maintaining most bus stops and shelters, except those which display advertising.

Rail Services

Rail services in East Renfrewshire are operated by First Scotrail as part of their franchise agreement with Transport Scotland.

East Renfrewshire is served by 3 railway lines and 9 stations:

  • Glasgow to East Kilbride line with stations at Thornliebank, Giffnock, Clarkston and Busby
  • Glasgow to Neilston line with stations at Williamwood, Whitecraigs, Patterton and Neilston
  • Glasgow and South Western line with a station at Barrhead

Traveline Scotland

Scotland-wide public transport information is available from Traveline Scotland. Their telephone service is available by calling 0871 200 22 33  and you can plan journeys online at:

Council Travel Points

Public transport information can be collected from travel points in the foyer of the council headquarters at Eastwood Park and inside the customer first hall at Main Street, Barrhead.

Council Headquarters,
Eastwood Park,
East Renfrewshire.
G46 6UG

Council Buildings,
211 Main Street,
East Renfrewshire.
G78 1SY

Information about the council's Local Transport Strategy can be found at:

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)