Skip to content

 Live chat  is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Adults and older people

Looking after myself and living safely at home

Information about the range of social care services to help you look after yourself and live safely at home. This includes home care, equipment to help you, help with walking, telecare and community alarms, visual and hearing impairments, preparing meals and shopping, keeping warm, housework, medication and continence.

Single Point of Access (SPOA)

New arrangements are now in place for the HSCP's Rehabilitation and Enablement Services (RES) in East Renfrewshire. New teams are based around three 'clusters' of GP practices. Social work, occupational therapy and rehabilitation staff are working alongside nursing staff with the aim of providing a more integrated service for the public. One of the main aims of the new arrangements is to get the right person or group of people involved with you as early as possible to provide a better response to your needs.

SPOA will help manage referrals for support from both the public and other agencies.

The new number is 0141 451 0866

Information for people who need help with daily activities.

The HSCP works with a number of suppliers to provide care & Support for those who need it.

Find more information on equipment available to help you live at home safely.

Find more information about help available to adapt your home.

Information about the community older peoples rehabilitation team.

Find more information and assistance if you are partially sighted or blind.

Find more Information and assistance if you are deaf or hard of hearing.

Information about preparing meals and assistance with shopping.

Information about assistance with housework and home maintenance.

Information about taking your medications.

If you feel that you have a problem with continence further details can be accessed on these pages.

Help improve this webpage

Was this page helpful?

Please use the official complaints channel if your comment is about service provision:

Complaints, feedback and having your say

(Include if you would like a response to your feedback)