We're introducing Florence (Flo for short) which allows you to manage your health using a simple text messaging system.
Telehealth provides health services using telecommunications technology.
- A text message system that's easy to use.
- It helps you and your health professional track and or/manage your health and wellbeing.
- Flo is designed by the NHS.
How does Flo work?
- When your health professional signs you up to the system, Flo sends you text messages offering health related advice. It can also ask you to reply with information about your health. For example, your blood sugar or glucose levels.
- Flo checks your readings against your personal profile and responds by send you advice based on this.
- Flo may also alert your health professional if appropriate.
What are the benefits of using Flo?
- Less time spent waiting for and attending appointments.
- Opportunity to understand and take ownership of your own health.
- Greater independence.
- Stay healthier for longer.
How much does Flo cost?
Text messages sent to and from Flo are free. Even, if your mobile provider says there's a charge.
Find out more at the Phone Paid Services website.
How do I apply for the service?
This is a new service in East Renfrewshire. We're working with GP practices to introduce Flo to support people to manage high blood pressure (hypertension).
Ask your GP practice if they offer Flo.