Rubbish and recycling - festive arrangements
Find out the changes ahead of the festive period
We've confirmed our plans for waste collection and recycling ahead of the upcoming festive period:
- There'll be no brown bin collections from Monday 27 December 2021 until Monday 10 January 2022.
- All other household bins will be collected as normal during this period.
- Special uplifts will also be suspended from Monday 27 December 2021 until Monday 10 January 2022. You will be able to book uplifts again from 2pm on Thursday 6 January 2022.
- Barrhead and Greenhags recycling centres will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and Sunday 2 January. Both sites will close at 3pm on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Remember to make a booking before travelling to the sites.
The introduction of our new garden waste permit scheme earlier this year included a change to our Christmas tree collection service.
- If you have a permit, you will be able to have your tree collected after Christmas at no additional cost. Your tree must be broken down and disposed of in your bin, with the lid fully closed. No trees will be lifted from the pavement.
- Anyone who has a permit and is on our assisted collection list can have one tree lifted by staff on their brown bin collection day. The tree doesn't need to be broken down and should be left beside the brown bin.
- If you don't have a permit and wish to have your tree collected, you can pay £15 for a one-off uplift. These uplifts will only be available until Friday 14 January and you can pay for this online. Your tree must be broken down and disposed of in your bin, with the lid fully closed. No trees will be lifted from the pavement.
If you have any queries, you can contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.