Skip to content

For the latest service updates relating to coronavirus visit our coronavirus information web page.

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Bins, recycling and rubbish

Dog control services

Find information on stray dogs, dog fouling, noise and the dog chipping service.

Report dog fouling, strays or persistent barking

You can use the form below to report dog fouling, dog noise or lost dogs. You can also request a visit from the dog warden.

You can also phone the ring and report line on 0141 577 8373 or 0800 013 0076 7 days a week between 7.30am and midnight.

Report online

Dog chipping

We offer a dog chipping service for all residents. It costs £10.

Each PeddyMark microchip has a unique reference number. The national PetLog database store the number with contact details of the dog's owner.

Phone Customer First on 0141 577 3001 or email

Dog fouling

We carry out regular patrols of areas with dog fouling problems.

We issue Fixed Penalty Notices if you do not remove dog fouling from a public space.

The cost of a Fixed Penalty Notice is £80 if paid within 28 days from the date of issue.

Stray dogs

We're responsible for the uplift of stray dogs from the street or from members of the public who may have found a dog.

We'll scan the dog for a microchip and make local enquiries to try and trace the dog's owner.

If we can't find the owner, we'll take the dog to the SPCA Kennels in Cardonald. You will be responsible to cover any costs.

Dog barking

We investigate barking dog complaints that you can't resolve with the owner. We may be able to give the dog owner advice and help on dog care and training.

If you can't resolve the persistent barking, you can take civil action by writing to the Paisley JP Court:

Paisley JP Court

Mill Street



We can provide a sample letter which you can adapt to your individual circumstances.



Phone: 0141 577 8373 or 0800 013 0076