Find out how we ensure best value in the delivery of our services.
What is best value?
Best value is defined as 10 characteristics, which are used to ensure we offer you the best quality service available. The 10 characters are:
- Commitment and leadership
- Responsiveness and consultation
- Sound governance arrangements at strategic, financial & operational levels
- Sound management of resources
- Use of review and options appraisal
- Competitiveness, trading and the discharge of authority functions
- Joint working
- Sustainable development
We have a range of methods for assessing the quality of our services.
In addition to an internal assessment processes, there's also a group of organisations that inspect our services, identifying good practice, suggesting areas where we can improve and presenting awards where good practice is evident. Organisations include Audit Scotland, the Scottish Housing Regulator, Education Scotland and the Care Inspectorate.