Contact the Money Advice and Rights team

Contact our Money Advice and Rights team with your debt, benefit or appeal enquiry.

Service information

Use this service you must:

  • be an East Renfrewshire resident
  • care for an East Renfrewshire resident
  • be an employee of East Renfrewshire Council
  • be an employee of East Renfrewshire's Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP)
  • be an employee of East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure Trust

How to contact us

Contact us online

What happens next? 

One of our team will contact you within 5 working days.

We'll usually try to call you, but if we're unable to reach you we may send you a letter, email or text.

Useful Information

You might be able to claim benefits if you're:

  • on a low income
  • looking for work
  • sick or disabled
  • a carer
  • a parent or guardian
  • pregnant

Use a benefits calculator to find out what benefits you could get and how to apply. You'll need information about you/your partner's income, savings, benefits that you get and details of any rental costs. If you're over 18, you can use the entitled to calculator

If you're under 18, a student or if you need further information or assistance please contact us.

Common Benefits

Find out about what help is available and if you're eligible?

More help and advice

Useful telephone numbers 
Attendance Allowance           0800 731  0122
Bereavement Service helpline  0800 731 0469
Carer's Allowance 0800 731 0297
Disability Living Allowance    0800 121 4600
DWP general     0800 169 0310
East Renfrewshire Council general enquiries0141 577 3001
Pension Credit helpline     0800 731 0469
Pension Credit new claim    0800 99 1234
Personal Independence Payment new claim0800 917 2222
Personal Independence Payment general 0800 121 4433
Scottish Welfare Fund      0141 577 3475
Tax credit helpline   0345 300 3900
Universal Credit       0800 328 5644




Last modified on 6 October 2022