Council appoints new Administration
Councillor Owen O'Donnell appointed Leader of the Council
Published: 26 May 2022
East Renfrewshire Council has formed its new Administration following the recent local elections.
Councillor Owen O'Donnell has been appointed Leader of the Council and Councillor Andrew Anderson has taken up the role of Deputy Leader.
Councillor Mary Montague has been named Provost and will be supported by Deputy Provost Councillor Kate Campbell.
A number of other appointments were also made at the first meeting of the new Council on Wednesday 25 May.
- Councillor Andrew Anderson has been appointed Education and Equalities Convener
- Councillor David Macdonald has been appointed Social Work and Health Convener
- Councillor Owen O'Donnell has been appointed Environment Convener
- Councillor Danny Devlin has been appointed Housing and Maintenance Services
- Councillor Katie Pragnell has been appointed Convener for Community Services
- Councillor Andrew Morrison has been appointed Chair of the Audit and Scrutiny Committee
- Councillor Betty Cunningham has been appointed Planning Applications Committee Chair
- Councillor Paul Edlin has been appointed Licensing Committee Chair
- Councillor Katie Pragnell has been appointed Chair of Cabinet (Fire & Police)