Find out if you're eligible for the Scottish Welfare Fund's Community Care Grant.
Community Care Grants
You can apply for a Scottish Welfare Fund Community Care Grant if you need help with costs to live in the community or keep your family together, For example, you need to move because of problem like domestic abuse.
The Community Care Grant is tax free and you don't need to pay it back.
You may be eligible if you need help with costs to live in the community or keep your family together. This could mean:
- your family is under exceptional pressure
- you need to move because of problem like domestic abuse
- a child's health is at risk
- you're settling into life outside care
- you need support to stay out of care
- you're caring for someone on release from prison or detention centre
- you're settling into a new home if you've been in a temporary home
What a Community Care Grant helps with
A Community Care Grant can help with basic essentials including:
- removal expenses
- bedding and clothing
- storage or connection charges for gas and electricity
- furniture such as sofa, armchair or bed
- household items such as a cooker or fridge
Where it isn't possible to provide items we may give you a payment.
How to apply
What happens next?
We'll make a decision about your application within 15 working days.
We'll normally contact you by phone and follow this up with a letter.