Information about data protection.
The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA18) regulates the way personal data is managed by us. The core principles of the legislation are designed to keep personal information confidential, accurate and secure.
In order to deliver services to citizens and communities within East Renfrewshire, it's necessary for us to collect, gather and process personal data about residents, employees and other individuals. We'll use your personal data to verify your identify where needed and to make contact with you by post, email or telephone and to maintain our records.
We provide services as part of our statutory functions. In delivering our functions and activities, it may be necessary for us to process more sensitive personal information for reasons of substantial public interest. This is known as special category data. The legal conditions for processing are:
- to carry out key functions as set out in law
- to meet our legal obligations un relation to employment, social security and social protection law
- to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of others in circumstances where we'll not be able to seek your consent
- where this is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for the purposes of provision of social care systems and services where this is necessary in the public interest in the area of public health
- for archiving, research and statistical purposes
The precise lawful basis for us using personal information will vary depending on which service we are providing.
You can access the personal data we hold about you by making a subject access request.
You can email your request to email@example.com or send it along with proof of your identity to:
East Renfrewshire Council