Find out how to register a stillbirth.
Before you start
You must register a stillbirth within 21 days.
How to make an appointment
To make an appointment phone 0141 577 3004.
We've 2 registration offices:
- Barrhead, 211 Main Street, G78 1SY
- Giffnock, Eastwood Park, G46 6UG
If the stillbirth took place in Scotland, you can register at a registration office in Scotland.
Who can register a stillbirth?
Either parent if:
- married to each other
- in a registered civil partnership
The mother only if:
- not in a civil partnership
Both parents must be there to include both names on the certificate.
A relative can register a stillbirth in exceptional circumstances. Contact a registrar if you need more information about this.
Documents you need to bring
- Stillbirth registration card from hospital
- Medical certificate (form 6)
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate (if applies)
Documents we'll provide
- Certificate of registration of stillbirth (form 8)
- Extract of the entry in the register (if a parent asks for this)
There's no cost for these documents.
You can only ask for additional copies at the time of registration.
Phone: 0141 577 3004