Skip to content

For the latest service updates relating to coronavirus visit our coronavirus information web page.

Live chat is available Monday to Friday between 8.45am and 4.45pm (except public holidays).

Roads and Lighting

Report a street lighting or traffic light fault

Report a street light or traffic light fault online.

Report a non-emergency fault

You can report faults with:

  • bollards
  • pedestrian crossings
  • single street lights
  • traffic light bulb out

Before you start

  • Tell us the unit number. This is a black number on a white label on the front of the unit. For example, R1, S1, RP1
  • If you don't have the unit number you can give us a clear description of where the unit is
  • The form will take around 2 minutes to complete

Report a non-emergency lighting fault

Report an emergency fault

Phone 0141 577 3001 during office hours.

Phone RALF helpline on 0800 373635 out of office hours and public holidays.

Emergency faults include:

Traffic lights and pedestrian crossings

  • pole knocked down
  • traffic lights dark 

Report temporary traffic light problems to the company carrying out the work.

Street lighting and signs

  • door missing from unit exposing wires
  • large sections of street lights dark
  • damage to lighting or sign pole

M77 and A726 roads

These roads are looked after by private contractor Connect.

Phone Traffic Scotland on 0800 028 1414 for enquiries about these roads.

Fault response times

Fault response times
Type of faultResponse time
Emergency faultsWithin 2 hours
Non emergency traffic light faultsWithin 48 hours
Non emergency street light faultsWithin 5 working days
Underground faults 

Scottish Power look after these. 

We work with them to fix these faults as soon as possible.



Phone: 0141 577 3001

Related information

Report a road, drain or pavement fault

Claim for damage to your vehicle

Winter roads